Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Home Again!

I got home last night from a quick trip to Ohio!  One of my wholesaler's held a two day open house where we could ask questions, talk to designers and pick up their latest patters, shop for fabric, test out new tools and meet a fantastic group of people!

Designers:  I met Annie Unrein and got to put my hands on a fantastic organizer bag and talk to her about her patterns.  Annie designs fantastic bags using Soft & Stable instead of batting.  The bags are fantastic, sturdy and the patterns look like they are going to be really easy!  I purchased her Hold Everything pattern.


I can't wait to try it!  I am thinking that this will be a great little bag to carry all of the little notions I need when going to teach a class.  Annie has also designed another bag that she will be coming out with at Quilt Market this year that is a little bigger and I really think it is going to be absolutely perfect for holding my current Embroidery projects!  

I also picked up a couple of Aunties Two Patterns.  I got the Freeport Gatherer bag


and the Adorable Bag.
 I think the Freeport bag is going to be perfect when picking up people's quilts and the Adorable is going to make the PERFECT new purse for me!!!

Creative Grids Rulers was also there, if you haven't ever used a Creative Grids Ruler you need to give them a try!  These are the only rulers I have in my sewing rooms!  The numbers are EASY to read, the ruler themselves are clear with black print and the lines are very easy to follow!!  I love them!  While at the Creative Grids booth I tested two new rulers, the Diamond Dimensions Ruler and the Spider Web Ruler.  I grabbed two patterns to test out these rulers Diamond Chains
(great pattern for lots of QUILTING!) and Marco Polo
which will give me a chance to work quilting with some smaller diamonds!  I can't wait to get into my sewing room!  For now, I'm off to work on my Long Arm!!!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Quilting!
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment