Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer is Almost Over :(

Summers are always wonderful here in Upstate NY!  We spend so much time here just waiting for the snow to melt and the sun to shine that when it finally arrives we don't want to do anything but be outside!  This summer has been no different.  The summer started with the arrival of our 5th Grandchild, a little Girl, Sarah Elizabeth!


The month of July was spent celebrating birthdays!  We've got 5 birthdays in July, and now it's already August and the kids are starting to talk about going back to school!  I thought they just got out for the summer?  Where did all the time go?  

My Gammill Statler has been busy!  I get so excited for my customer's to see their quilts as soon as they are done that I keep forgetting to take pictures!  I know I have to stop that!  I did take a few really special ones that I can't wait to share!

This quilt in particular is really special.  These Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks were put together by a number of different people, some were hand pieced some were machine pieced but the owner never got a chance to put them all together into a quilt.  The family thought they were doing the right thing by washing them (yes that wasn't a typo) and drying them only to have them ravel and turn into a huge mess!  My customer took this mess of blocks and painstakenly pressed them and then topped stitched them to white material.  When completed it really was a wonderful labor of love.  








Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment