Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Embroidery Classes

Did you know that I teach an Embroidery Classes the 3rd Wednesday of every month?  I do and I love it!  Embroidery was something I learned as a pre-teen.  My sisters and I were taught by our next door neighbor, Mrs. Langworthy.  I remember a group of the neighbor girls getting together at her house and her teaching us.  We were taught the basics and to this day I can't believe how lucky we were to have someone will to spend an evening every week with a group of pre-teen girls and teach us all how to stitch.

I have 2 classes, the first one is from 1:00-4:00 PM and in this class we are working on the Home Sweet Home An Embroidered Workbox by Carolyn Pearce.



Isn't it just darling?  Wait until you get a look at the next picture!



Each piece is tiny and because they re all so small they are really 'doable' in a short amount of time.  Some of the stitches are ones we've already learned but some of them are completely new and we are having a lot of fun learning them.


This is a picture of the back of the box!  The box is 6 5/16" x 6 1/8" x 3 7/8" finished!

Our evening class goes from 6:00-9:00 PM and in this class we are doing something completely different!  We are doing the same stitches (for the most part) as we are in the afternoon class but instead of putting them on the notions for the box we have taken Crabapple Hill Studio's pattern 


Susan's Dresden Garden

and we are doing each of the embroidered 'blades' with the stitches we are learning!  Talk about fun!  The threads we are using for this are Silks, Embroidery Floss, Pearl Cotton & Wool!  

Here we are learning how to color on fabric with Crayola Crayons and to Embroider!








Aren't they just so cute!!  Follow my Blog and sign up for my newsletter at Miss Marker's Quilts and receive this FREE pattern from Crabapple Hill Designs!!


Join me on the 3rd Wednesday of the month for Embroidery Class!

Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment