Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Petit Fours by Hummingbird Highway

Hi Everyone!



I had a chance to do a little sewing of my own this past weekend and I decided that Joan Ford's pattern 'Petit Fours' would work out great!  The pattern calls for a Layer Cake, a Jelly Roll and then a small amount for the binding and inner border.



I used a Jo Morton line of fabric for the 10" Squares and a Moda solid Jelly Roll to go along with it.  I am THRILLED with how it looks!



The pattern was not difficult at all but I did make a cutting mistake along the way.  I've read both of Joan's books (Cut The Scraps & Scraps Plus One) and LOVED both of the books.  I found them VERY easy to read and are both filled with fantastic hints. 


These colors are not my normal colors by any means but this quilt already has someone's name on it for Christmas!  Yes, one Christmas present done with the exception of the label!!!



I thought you might enjoy a peek at the back.  



Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment