Friday, October 11, 2013

A - Zzzzz Snowman

I finished the A - Zzzz Snowman designed by Crabapple Hill Studio!  I've had some questions on how I did it so here's a picture of the entire quilt and some close ups to explain!


The Stars - I filled in the stars with French Knots!  I did a 3 wrap French Knot and made as many as I could possibly fit into the stars.  I really liked the way they turned out!



Carrot noses, I did do some of them with the Stem Stitch but most of them were done with the Backstitch.


The Christmas Lights were done with the Padded Satin Stitch.  I like the way the Padded Satin Stitch looks, it (in my opinion) gives the Christmas Lights some dimension.


With the exception of where special stitches were called for the piece was worked in the Stem Stitch.  I like working with the Stem Stitch more than I do the Backstitch.  I feel like it goes faster and looks nicer.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Enjoy!

Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment