Thursday, October 11, 2012

Double Layer of Batting


I’ve been reading a lot lately about quilters using double layers of batting. When loading their quilts onto the Long Arm they are layering it in this order; backing, layer of cotton batting, layer of wool batting, quilt top. This process...
makes the quilting on the top really stand out and because wool batting is very light it appears that it doesn’t add a lot of weight to the quilt.

I recently designed a whole cloth quilt that I intend to quilt on white fabric with Linen White thread. I’ve always liked the look of a whole cloth quilt and the fact that the quilting is what stands out. As I read more and more about this two layer batting I believe that this design will be a perfect test for this layering of batting. I’m hoping to get it on my Gammill Statler as soon as I can! Here’s a sneak peak of the quilting design!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment