Friday, October 19, 2012

Old Gold Finished!

I finished the binding on this quilt today!  I LOVE it when the quilt is completely done!!  This quilt is one that I'm using as an example of the work that I do and I believe it is going to be used for a class this January, stay tuned for more information on the class.

This would be a perfect quilt for a college student or for a young girl's bedroom.  The name of the pattern is "Old Gold" and is from Pam & Nicky Lintott's book Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts.

This was such a quick and easy quilt to make, it took 1 Layer Cake and 1 Jelly Roll.  The pattern didn't call for the wide border all around the quilt but I wanted one so I purchased an additional 2 1/2 yards of fabric for the border and the binding.


Here's a close up of the quilting:

Time to get working on the binding for the Whole Cloth Quilt and to get another customer's quilt on my Gammill Statler Longarm.  The next one is a really pretty White, Tan and Black quilt with pieced blocks and applique!!

No comments:

Post a Comment