Monday, October 15, 2012

Whole Cloth Quilt!

I have read a few blogs lately about using two layers of batting (one wool and one cotton) and I wanted to give it a try and see what all the blogging was about. This past weekend I had a little extra time to give this a try! I was a little concerned that it would be heavy but surprisingly it really isn’t. The double layer of batting really makes the quilting pattern POP!
 


 
Here are three pictures of the same quilt without the flash so that you can really see the detail of the quilting pattern. 


 
This picture shows the feather border!

 


If I’m ever in a quandary over what to give someone for a wedding present I no longer am! I really like the way it turned out, isn’t it pretty? I think it would make the most beautiful wedding present! I also think it would be beautiful as a baby quilt to match the colors of the baby’s nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment