Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One Quilt, Two Quilts, Three Quilts, MORE!!

One Quilt:

Everyone is different when it comes to how they want their quilts quilted, some people like really open quilting, others prefer to have their quilts tightly quilted, some like all Edge to Edge designs and other's like custom quilting.  I can honestly say that this week has been a complete mixture of all of these types of quilting and I've loved it!

ONE QUILT is a quilt that is on the small side (small compared to what I recently completed!), it's a perfectly square 60" quilt and is a shop sample.  I was asked to quilt whatever I wanted, with whatever color thread I wanted! 




Here it is!  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  First things first, the pattern that was used to quilt this quilt is a Christmas Flower by Sweet Dreams Quilt Studio and the thread color is Cedar King Tut Thread.


I love the back of quilts!  If you click on the picture you can see it up close!


Another picture of the front!

This is the border.  The pattern didn't come or have a border available for it so I made my own!  Yes I LOVE my Gammill Statler Stitcher!!!  I can do so much with it!  This is what I did, you can see that right next to the border is the actual pattern that I took the flower from and the connecting 'flower bud' and put them together to create a border.  Neat! 


Here's a snapshot of the complete block, you can really see where I got the border from!

Check back for Two Quilts!

Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment