Monday, December 23, 2013

My Daughter's First Quilt!

Our youngest daughter (youngest by 1 minute :)) unexpectedly came home for a week.  God received another Angel this past Sunday when he took my Mother-In-Law home.  Our daughter and grandchildren came home to be with us and while we are extremely saddened to have lost someone we love so dearly our spirits were lifted by the presence of our daughter, her 2 year old son and 6 month old daughter!

We had a full day today at home and we were productive!  My daughter made her very first quilt!!  One advantage of having a Long Arm in the house was I could take it into my long arm room and now it's all quilted!  All I've got left to do is bind it and then it will be going home with them on Christmas day.


It was one of those quick and easy Jelly Roll Quilts!  These are fantastic quilts when you need one fast and it's also a great quilt for new quilters because it helps then get the hang of quilting a 1/4" seam and how to sew a straight line!

\

I quilted it with Ducks and cattails!


While the kids took a nap we got busy making Christmas cookies and after dinner the remainder of our grandchildren joined us to frost cookies!



I hope all of you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Merry Christmas!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment