Friday, November 15, 2013

Mystery Quilt With Downton Abbey Fabric

I have a major announcement that I can FINALLY tell all of you!  Starting this Friday and continuing every Friday until the project is complete I'm going to walk you through each step of making your very own Downton Abbey quilt!

Do you have your fabric?  If you don't have it yet you need to get to your local quilt shop that is caring this line and decide if you will be sewing with the Dowager Dutches, Lady Mary, Lady Edith or Lady Sybil!  If you live in my area I know for a fact that O'Susannah's Quilts & Gifts has it!

Here's a snapshot of each fabric so that you can start trying to make your decision!  It's hard to decide so grab a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of wine and sit back and enjoy these beyond beautiful fabrics!






































Hard to pick out a favorite isn't it?  I had a really difficult time deciding if I was going to go with the Dowager Dutches, Lady Mary, Lady Edith or Lady Sybil!  I stood gazing lovingly at the fabric line and struggled to make the decision.  I LOVE the Dowager's line it is beyond beautiful and Lady Mary's is elegant, Lady Edith's is a true reflection of her character and Lady Sybil's is as beautiful as her character!

So in the end, after allowing my hands to gently 'pet' each and every bold in the line it was the Lady Sybil line that is now lovingly laying on my cutting table just waiting for the first block instructions!!!!


Beautiful isn't it?


Part of me doesn't want to cut into it at all and the other part can't wait to see it done in a quilt!









I am so excited about this project!

So if you don't have your fabric yet it's time to go and get it!  If you need the fabric requirements let me know which line you want and I can send you the requirements or stop into your local shop that has the line of fabric and get ready to start sewing!!  

The first block will be revealed one week from today!!

Happy Quilting!

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment