Sunday, November 4, 2012

Whole Cloth Quilt Washed!

I pulled my White Whole Cloth Quilt out of the dryer last night and I can't begin to put words to how beautiful it is now that it's been washed!

 
This whole cloth Quilt is made with a layer of Quilter's Dream Cotton and
a layer of Quilter's Dream Wool!

 
I thought the quilt would be really heavy but it's surprisingly not!!

Isn't it beautiful?  I love the way the feathers stand out!

and you can really see the detail in the 'sashing' strips of the pattern!

To me the blocks stand out so much more now that the quilt has been washed!
The block pattern is from One Song Needle Arts!

Another picture of the feathers!  This feather pattern is from Three Sisters Quilts!

 
I really LOVE this quilt!  What a perfect wedding present for someone!
 
 
So... what are your thoughts?  Are quilts done when they haven't been washed or do you have to wash them before they are officially completed?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!
 
Happy Quilting! 

2 comments:

  1. Wash when done. This one is beautiful (but then they all are)! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them washed and then they feel done to me

    ReplyDelete