Friday, January 25, 2013

And I Thought Last Week Was Busy Part 2

Get ready to see a bunch of pictures!!  I had a blast quiting this quilt!  I believe this quilt is going to be someones present!!!  Ruth of The Scarlet Thread in Webster NY made this quilt and I had a blast quiting it!!
 
 
I used two colors of thread, the first is Crushed Grapes, I used this for the borders and for the blocks that were set on point.

 
Here's a picture of the quilt, yup I'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures of the entire quilt!  My husband suggested today that I take them outside on our deck to get full pictures but there is a slight issue, we currently have a foot and a half of snow AND it's about 5 degrees outside!!

 
The border!  Quilted in Crushed Grapes thread.

 
I really liked how the fan blocks turned out!

 
The purple border is quilted with a cross hatch wavy border, everyone that sees this border loves it!

 
 

 
A close up of the fans.

 
Finally I got a shot of the bottom of the fan, isn't that a sweet design?  The green setting triangles were quilted with a green thread that perfectly matched the green in the fabric!

Next up is a quilt that will be donated to the Quilts of Valor.  This quilt is being donated by Beth at The Scarlet Thread.

 
This Heart patter is actually a border pattern that I (with the help of my Gammill Statler Stitcher) turned it into a Edge to Edge design!!  Love My Statler!!

 
The thread color is white linen and worked perfectly with this beautiful Batik quilt!!

 
I loved the simplicity of this design and I'm certain it will be well loved and appreciated by the person who receives it!

 
A snapshot of almost the entire quilt!!  If you have an opportunity to donate a quilt to the Quilts of Valor please do so!  The Scarlet Thread in Webster NY is extremely active in supporting this cause, you can find information about the QOV on their web site or on the Quilts of Valor website

 
The next quilt is also one from The Scarlet Thread!

 
There were 3 borders on this quilt and each border was quilted with a different pattern!  The first border is quited with Growing Things Dew, the inner border is Growing Things Wave and the inside border is quited with Growing Things Lace.

 
The quilt was quilted with Alexis Edge to Edge design and the entire quilt was quilted with Caravan thread color.

 
Close up of the inner border!

 
Outer border.

 
Middle border.

 
 
The quilt!  LOVE IT! 

That's it for now!!
 
 

Happy Quilting!!








No comments:

Post a Comment