Sunday, January 13, 2013

I've Officially Banned Myself From Quilt Shops!! :)


I've officially banned myself from Quilt Shops!!  My (self imposed) punishment for spending MORE money on fabric is to ban myself from stepping either of my feet into a quilt shop until Friday January 18th!!  Here's why......

I was asked by my Sister and my Mom to ride along with them while they went to their monthly Jo Morton class.  I (obviously from the title of this post) decided to take the day and join them.  It was so much fun to spend a couple of hours in a quilt shop with some wonderful women who love to quilt as much as I do!

I got into more trouble with myself again today!!!!  I had the batiks that I purchased yesterday with me and ended up adding to this little stash!  Here's my NEW and IMPROVED pile of Batiks!!!





I now have a total of 12 YARDS to play with and to design with!!  I can't wait to start playing!!!!  I'm trying to decide if I want to do a sampler quilt with these or if I want to do something with triangles, with 12 yards to work with maybe I could do both!!  What do you think I should make with these?  Should I do a new block of the month sampler quilt or should I do something with half square triangles????

I hope you had a fantastic weekend!  I'm spending the day tomorrow on the Long Arm!  I'll be working on a large quilt that was a block of the month quilt at The Scarlet Thread in Webster NY.  I'll post pictures when it's done!

Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

  1. Margaret - they are beautiful. But staying out of the shops is no fun, is it? I know it's tough tho. Play with what you have for now. The 18th isn't even a week away!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete